Monday, October 27, 2008

have we got a deal for you

So I was thinking today about how I assumed when we moved here that we would have floods of visitors. I mean, come on, who could pass up the opportunity to come to Hawaii and have your housing and most meals paid for? All you have to pay for is airfare. Yes, I realize the airfare is a bit pricey depending on when you come but you can't find a better deal out there then what we can offer. So you want to know how many guests we've had since we've been here (remember we're going on 3 1/2 years)? Not including family (and not all family has been out here either)...1. Yes, that is one visitor. We've had two other friends come out but it was to speak/preach in our church...so we had to pay them to come see us...I'm just kidding...not on the paying them but that we have to pay our friends to come see us. And then we had a couple of friends that we saw while they were passing through on vacation here in Hawaii.

So obviously the issue here is that I haven't posted enough pictures about how beautiful and amazingly gorgeous this place is...it's not like any place you've been to. To solve this problem I thought I would post some pictures to entice some of our friends out there, that read my blog, to take us up on this amazing deal (and just so you know fall and spring have great deals on flights).

You get the mountains and the beach...
greenery and flowers year round...
sunsets like this almost daily...
hiking and swimming and kayaking...

beach after beach after beach...and warm sunshine almost everyday...


long leisurely walks on the beach...
fresh fruit picked straight from the trees that grow in plenty...
sweet smelling flowers.

Yes, you get all of this and MORE. We will be your tour guides (we know the great places that regular tourists don't know about) so you will save money by not having to rent a car. And you get to hang out with our cute kids too.

You can't even put a price on that. So you better hurry before we fill our house up with kids...then there won't be any room for guests, unless you don't mind sleeping in a tent in the backyard.

So what can I say, it gets a bit lonely out here in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and we really miss our friends and family...don't worry I haven't gone crazy...it's just the pregnancy hormones talking.

11 comments:

bobw said...

ok, you've got me convinced :-)

been trying to find a good place for our 10th anniversary next year....

livinginthemidwest said...

Come on over...if you don't mind spending your anniversary with us. :o)

Joc said...

You are too funny! But I'm totally gonna make Matthew read this post! :)

Anonymous said...

I was just about to type the EXACT same thing Bob did. Hilarious. Our 10th anniversary is next august and we've been trying to decide what to do. Though with a 9 month old, not sure how we'll get away. But man, you're a great saleswoman! I mean, that seems like a great idea! :)

ERH said...

Charlie always remembers Hawaii even though he was only 2 1/2 when we were there and asks to go back. I know I'd love it once I'm there but I'm not so sure about making it there in one piece with the 3 litte kids! It is definitely worth the trip though...especially since you guys are there!

Momathon said...

Too funny. We're the same here. I can't believe that people don't take advantage and come see us. Maybe it's not Hawaii, and it's US!

Anonymous said...

I am coming!!! The pictures were gorgeous! You convinced me--as if I needed convincing. Love the scenery but love the "family" more. See you "soon". Mom H

Anonymous said...

I just laughed and laughed as I read this post. i loved the picture of the cute kids. I am still working on coming after the baby. Hope it works out!
Tara

Jess said...

We would LOVE to come! It sounds like tons of fun...we will be saving our pennies and maybe we can come some time after baby #2...

Anonymous said...

Hey I'd even stay with ya -except I live here already-but your place sounds more fun!!! Im glad youre here... Val

Tabitha said...

VERY convincing! My hubby, Josh, has been wanting to go to Hawaii for several years now. This post might be just the thing to get his heart rate up and us out there! hee hee :) We'd love to visit and it make turn into a reality. :)