Thursday, October 30, 2008

children are a gift


Wednesday afternoons Jude and I get to hang out together while Ethan has Awanas. It's fun to have this time with Jude. He becomes quite chatty and I think he enjoys the one-on-one attention. But during this time I also have to get dinner ready, so Jude has to figure out what to do on his own. He's usually pretty laid back and is good about playing on his own (I guess it's a second born thing), so I brought out the play dough for him to play with. He sat quite contentedly and quietly (except for the occasional dialogue he was having with his pretend characters he made out of play dough) the whole time I was getting dinner ready. I stopped at one point just to watch him play and just had one of those mommy moments where you want to go over and squeeze your kid because they are just so darn cute.

I truly am thankful for my boys (and this little baby girl growing in my belly) and that God chose me to be their mommy. It is a gift and blessing to be a mom and so often a big part of my sanctification. It is a high calling that requires constant running to God for wisdom and strength. I just pray that above all God would be glorified through my efforts at being a mom to my children.

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward."
Psalm 127:3

No comments: