Thursday, October 02, 2008

the band

For some reason this cleaning frenzy is lasting longer than I have ever had a cleaning frenzy...nesting you say? Well I still have too many weeks left for that. Unless the nesting stage happens earlier and earlier with each pregnancy. But lately I've wanted to get everything organized....NOW. Poor Jason then gets to do all the fun heavy lifting stuff and moving heavy stuff (because I'm pregnant and can't move or lift heavy furniture)...but he is kind of an organization geek anyway, so he actually enjoys putting things in their place.

So as I was putting our kitchen items in our new/used cabinet (thanks to Craigslist.org) I came across a harmonica that the kids got from their Grandma a while ago. It was stuffed behind some canned goods in the top of our old storage cabinet...and now that I think about it, I think the noise of the harmonica had gotten to me and I probably confiscated it and hid it in that spot. Only I forgot about it and it's been collecting dust there ever since. Well now that it has been rediscovered, Ethan hasn't put it down. He's even written a few songs he has entitled, Hula Lei, Tula, Calda and The Parade Song. Jude was then feeling a little left out so he pulled out some other musical instruments and they now have started their own band.

I must say I am one proud mama...but I don't think they will be taking it on the road anytime soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have to strike when the iron is hot--translated to get it done will you feel like it. Mom H