Thursday, August 30, 2007

hot summer days



Well I know I can't complain about it being hot when some mainlanders have experienced 100+ degree weather lately...but...when it's in the mid-80's, with no trade-winds and no air conditioning it can be stinkin' hot. So I couldn't wait to take our trip to the beach after dinner. I wanted to actually get in the water (usually I just like to sit on the sand and relax...I don't like things floating around and touching my legs) and just cool off. So Ethan and I did just that and had fun riding some of the waves. Jude joined us a little later with much excitement, but after a few waves he calmed down. I thought he was too cold so I handed him off to Jason to wrap him up in a towel...only to find out that he was a little sea sick. Poor kid. He perked up after sitting still for a while. I guess the waves were a bit too rough.

These are some pictures that I snapped on our walk down to the beach. I love these flowers but I have no idea what they are called. I think they might be in the azalea family but bloom year round.


These were pictures on the way back. Amazing clouds.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how delightful to enjoy the ocean, the boys, flowers, clouds, and 80 degree weather. Sounds perfectly wonderful. Mom H

Krista said...

Erin,

I lurk on your blog all the time. It's neat to read your reports about life in your family.

And I lived in Hilo for a few months, so I know how hot it can be when you live at 10 feet altitude in the tropics with no trade winds. Have you been having vog, too, or is that just a Big Island thing?

Keep up the reporting!

Jonesey said...

Hey Woods, This is Christina Jones, Jeremy's wife :) I've peeked here before and was so confused and then I heard you guys were in Hawaii. It sounds fantastic! I was bummed to drive by your old place, though and realize you weren't here. We've just moved back. Anyway, I was enjoying your posts about the preschool work!

Momathon said...

The bush is called bouganvilla ("bo-guhn-vee-yah"). They ar one of my favorites, too. Be careful with the boys, though, they have a lot of big thorns. :-)