Tuesday, August 14, 2007

God's sovereign love meets human needs

This past Sunday Jason preached for our Sunday morning service while our pastor was out of town. He had asked me earlier last week to pray that God would use his words because he felt like his points made sense to him but wasn't sure if it would make sense to everyone else. Well I definitely felt like God provided him the words to speak and to speak them clearly. I want to give God all the glory but I also want to say that I am very proud of my husband. I believe God has gifted Jason with teaching and even though pastoring is not the route he feels led to, he will be teaching in the new middle school that is opening up next fall. I think he will be such an amazing teacher/leader because he loves to learn (he's been in school ever since I've met him) and yet balances (or strives to balance through God's grace and strength) intellect with humility and a servants heart.

Here's the sermon if you want to take a listen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are ya'll in the thick of a hurricane right now? What about that earthquake? I'm not exactly sure where you guys are, but I am thinking of you!

Momathon said...

Erin, I told this to Jason, but you should know that his sermon on Sunday was as if it had been personally prescribed for the very specific needs of our newest family member. I would love to tell you more in person, but it was profoundly impactful for her.

livinginthemidwest said...

alli- the hurricane turned into a tropical storm by the time it got to the islands and we ended up with some light rain and a little wind, but nothing much. And I didn't even feel the earthquake. I didn't even know about it until my mom called to ask if we were okay. But it sounded like no damage was done. So really nothing to report.