Friday, November 28, 2008

o christmas tree

Today is our traditional day (the day after Thanksgiving) to decorate our house for Christmas. This is my favorite holiday to decorate for, but since we have a baby that is due around the holidays I decided only to put a tree up this year. Not that I have tons of decorations but I know once I'm in the newborn, sleep-deprived state I am not going to want to take all the decorations down. So we're keeping it simple.

It was fun to see the boys so excited about decorating this year. They both loved putting ornaments on the tree.
Jude thought it looked best to hang all of the ornaments on one branch.
And our fun concluded with finding the elf hat that everyone had to try on and get their picture taken. As you can see Jason loved this part.

And then as the morning went on it just got a little crazier and crazier......Ethan decided to try on the stockings to see how well they fit...
...and Jude was practicing his smile for our Christmas picture taking we are going to do in the next few days.

2 comments:

Lori Waggoner said...

I remember the days when they lumped all the ornaments together on the tree...I wish I had delighted in it more instead of worrying about the tree being symetrically decorated.

Enjoy their joy!

Anonymous said...

Here in saint louis were haveing snow a lot. I almot forgot are christmas tree it was I think Dec,1,2008 we put up are christmas tree Mom and dad who had trouble figure out the tree was pretty hard because it comes in three parts. At about 6:55 Me Kyle and Anna were putting up are ornaments on the tree.
From, Tyler Visit us soon!