Monday, November 03, 2008

the election

This is part of a letter that was written by a man named Huntley Brown (who is a Christian and an amazing pianist who has played with Billy Graham and who happens to be an African American). I hesitate to write anything about the election on my blog, not because of fear of what others believe but because I didn't create this blog to speak my views on such things as politics. But this election is crossing over into my views on religion (Christianity) which I do speak freely about on my blog. And if you don't want to read this excerpt, at least read the bottom part of what partial birth abortion is because Obama has no problems with this procedure and seeks to keep it legal. Some people see this as a minor issue in the election. I see it as what defines this mans character. And this kind of character will be reflected in all other decisions he will make. He will NOT have my vote tomorrow:

"First I must say whoever wins the election will have my prayer
Support. Obama needs to be commended for his accomplishments but I need to explain why I will not be voting for him.

In an election there are many issues to consider but when a society gets
Abortion, same-sex marriage, embryonic stem-cell research, human cloning to name a few, wrong economic concerns will soon not matter.

We need to follow Martin Luther King's words, don't judge someone by the Color of their skin but by the content of their character. I don't know Obama so all I can go off is his voting record. His voting record earned him the title of the most liberal senator in The US Senate in 2007.
NATIONAL JOURNAL: Obama: Most Liberal Senator in 2007
(01/31/2008)
To beat Ted Kennedy and Hilary Clinton as the most liberal senator, takes Some doing. Obama accomplished this feat in 2 short years. I wonder what would Happen to America if he had four years to work with.

There is a reason planned parenthood gives him a 100 % rating.
There is a reason the homosexual community supports him.
There is a reason Ahmadinejad, Chavez, Castro, Hamas etc. Love him.
There is a reason he said he would nominate liberal judges to the Supreme Court.
There is a reason he voted against the infanticide bill.
There is a reason he voted No on the constitutional ban of same-sex marriage.
There is a reason he voted No on banning partial birth abortion.
There is a reason he voted No on confirming Justices Roberts and Alito. These Two judges are conservatives and they have since overturned partial birth Abortion. The same practice Obama wanted to continue.

Lets take a look at the practice he wanted to continue.
The 5 Step Partial Birth Abortion procedure
A. Guided by ultrasound, the abortionist grabs the baby's leg with forceps. (Remember this is a live baby)
B. The baby's leg is pulled out into the birth canal.
C. The abortionist delivers the baby's entire body, except for the Head.
D. The abortionist jams scissors into the baby's skull. The Scissors are then opened to enlarge the hole.
E. The scissors are removed and a suction catheter is inserted. The
child's brains are sucked out, causing the skull to collapse. The dead baby is then removed.


God help him."

The whole letter is pretty powerful. If you want to read the rest let me know and I can e-mail it to you.

2 comments:

Joc said...

So glad you posted this Erin!

Anonymous said...

Glad you posted this. I am finding that people are only choosing what they want to believe. They need to go to the facts. Can you please send me the remaining part of this letter?

elizabeth@twobluedoors.com