Monday, November 24, 2008

care-free and 2

**warning for my readers. This post contains the word fart. If that is not pleasant to read feel free to exchange the word with pass air, breaking wind, cut the cheese, stinker, gas or another phrase that is less offensive.**



People have told me before that your children will humble you, but I didn't really know what they meant...until now. As usual Jude and I were hanging out together while Ethan was at Awanas. And once again we made a stop at Agnes' Portuguese Bakery, not for Baklava this time, but for their potato rolls for dinner. As I was at the cash register paying for my rolls Jude let out a very loud, manly, rip of a fart...but yet his expression remained the same. I sheepishly looked down at him and thought to myself "maybe no one heard that" (yeah right). At the same time the man behind the counter was looking behind him thinking that noise could have only come from a big, burly, bread-making man/co-worker in the back. When he realized there was no one behind him he looked back at us...to which I was nervously giggling and giving Jude the "I can't believe you just did that...that was so loud especially out in public" look. I'm sure he thought that that noise couldn't have come from such a small child but thankfully he turned to Jude (and not me) and said "was that you, bro?"


To which Jude replied, with only a blank stare, as if saying "I don't know what you're talking about". So I spoke for him, "yeah, it must be nice to be little and not care...he, he"


I can only imagine what conversations went on at Agnes' Bakery after we left. I hope we were able to brighten their day a little and bring some laughter. I must say though, I might have to stay away from Agnes' for a few weeks until the story of the pregnant lady with the manly farting 2 year old story is long forgotten.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ham etc.
Mom H

Anonymous said...

I hope by the time I come that we can set foot in the bakery without all the snickering. I didn't mean ham in the previous comment. Mom H

Ryan said...

Wow! That was so funny! I was sitting here at my computer laughing out loud!

Rebekah Crossman said...

I laughed so hard because it is so true with the manly farts coming out of 2/3 years old. We are still blown away by how loud they are coming out of a child.

Joc said...

I love that Jude didn't even flinch. Hilarious!

Lori Waggoner said...

Just wait, sista. Their ability to embarrass grows right along with their bodies!

But paybacks will come...one day you'll get to embarrass them...repeatedly and without even trying!