Saturday, July 14, 2007

Makapu'u lighthouse

Waimanalo Bay
This is my favorite picture...you can see the amazing shades of blue of the water, the islands off in the distance and the rain coming in from the ocean...God's creation is amazing!
Makapu'u lighthouse
Up at the top...you can see the lighthouse at the bottom left of the picture.

We went to see some of the sights today before Jason headed out of town. We've always wanted to hike the trail up to the Makapu'u Lighthouse and finally had some time this morning. The views were amazing. We decided it would be easier to take the stroller up the hill since the trail was paved...so I was glad that Jason was there to push it. I was a bit winded, sweating like crazy and just had my camera to carry. But it was worth it...to see all the views at the top. It's amazing to me that this is all 20 minutes from our house.

2 comments:

Momathon said...

It really is amazing to see that gorgeous scenery so close to home, isn't it? Are you ready to join us for the Thanksgiving sunrise hike? ;-)

Clay said...

Are you just trying to make me miss Hawaii? That is one of the best views!
I miss you, friend. Hope you are well. My old email doesn't work...so, I'll send you another address so we can catch up. It's Sunday morning - which makes me miss seeing you! I think Jude turned into a little boy in the last few months! -Kat