Friday, February 05, 2010

update on my new year resolution

I found this quote on someones blog and thought it sums things up pretty well:

"My house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy."

I love my cleaning lists! I get most of the "chores" done by the end of the week...maybe not on the day it lists it but more like when I have time to get it done. I don't have the perfectly clean house but it does keep me accountable to do cleaning more consistently...plus things like 'cleaning the dining room light fixture' or 'cleaning the baseboards in the bathroom' get done.

Another thing it has helped with is including my older two to help. There are daily tasks that they can do to contribute to the household. Especially when I let them use some of the homemade cleaners I've been using, so I don't have to worry about cleaning chemicals that most store bought brands contain (my recipes for some cleaners I use are going to be in an upcoming post...if you're interested).

So anyway, I know a couple of you asked to update how it's going with my new cleaning lists. So there it is. That is Life with the Wood Family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Be interested in your home made versions of cleaning solutions. Mom