Wednesday, February 03, 2010

newest member to the family

Augusta "Gus" McDonald Wood

Ethan asked recently (again) if we can get another fish. We felt that we are now at a stage in life where we can once again fit a pet into our lives...you're probably thinking "it's just a fish." But between homeschooling and raising 3 children (one who is still a baby), I was afraid it would get forgotten. So we went to the pet store and Ethan picked it out...a red one this time instead of a blue. Ethan picked the first name Augusta, since we are learning our states and capitals (can anyone guess what state that is a capital of?), Gus for short and when I asked Jude what name he wanted to pick for the middle name he said McDonalds...he is his father's son.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the name. Such a big name for a little fish--mighty handsome. Augusta, Maine. Mom

joc said...

:)

Ryan said...

Um, yeah...I didn't know which state. I was thinking, Augusta is in Georgia, but that's not the capitol. Where does all that information go when you grow up?

Lori Waggoner said...

Yes, well. We had one of these little fishies once and I would swear it was demon possessed. It was the angriest, most aggressive, nasty thing EVER! I tried, unbeknownst the children of course, to starve the stupid thing and it wouldn't die. One day when I was cleaning his house, he "accidentally" jumped out of his temporary home and breathed his last in my kitchen sink. EVIL FISH.