Wednesday, February 17, 2010

the week of haircuts

This week there was a lot of hair cutting going on. I am once again chopping a little here and a little there on mine...but that is nothing new. And then I gave Ethan his buzz cut again...he prefers it short. But then there was Jude, who was in major need of a haircut. I knew it was time when his swim teacher put a swim cap on him so he could see while he swam. So I was going to do the usual trim but he asked this time to have short hair like Ethan. Part of me had a hard time letting go of his longer, blondish hair that he has had since he was a toddler. But as Jason said "it will grow back." Well it's been over a day now and I still find myself staring at him...shocked at how different he looks. Like any 3 1/2 year old boy would do...he looked at himself in the mirror and said "cool". But I am missing his longer, blondish hair. It's just hair right? I can't help it though...I think I will just let it grow back out now.


Before:After:

4 comments:

joc said...

oh man, he DOES look different. but very cute! :)

Anonymous said...

It's like he grew up over night! I think that's the hard part about giving kids haircuts-it seems to take away the "baby" and replace it with "child". But he sure looks handsome:)

Tara

Ryan said...

Wow! He looks so cute w/ his new hair cut. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Who is that little boy in the second picture? Gee, he looks so old--but still very cute. Mimi