Saturday, December 27, 2008

silent night....


...except for the occasional fire-cracker. Last night we had storms (with lightning) blow through the other side of the island and knock out the power to the entire island for about 10+ hours. We are thankful that it happened during most of our sleeping time and that it was a nice cool evening...since we weren't able to turn on any fans. But I must say it was way too quiet for me to sleep really well...all I heard was the clock ticking and myself breathing...yes, I am a light sleeper.

So we had to be a little creative last night before bedtime with the boys and come up with things that didn't require electricity or much light for that matter. We played some games by very dim candlelight and read books with flash lights. Being two days from my due date all I really wanted to do was lie down on the couch and watch some TV, but the boys thought it was so fun to have candles everywhere and use flashlights. And then when the boys went to bed Jason and I stayed up and watched The Office episodes on his laptop with the hour of battery life it had left.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you guys lost power, but thankfully Obama was ok and had enough generators to power a small town. Glad you didn't go into labor. That would have made a great story, but might have been a little too exciting:)
Tara

Anonymous said...

Called you but figured you might need to conserve the battery. Glad to hear you were fine. The news was pretty much about Obama. We had temperatures in the 60's on Saturday with about 2 inches of rain. See you soon, Mom H