Saturday, April 12, 2008

our big news!

Yesterday we became a family of 5. Baby J came to live with us possibly for a few weeks and possibly for a life time. We will have to wait and see what God has planned for baby J and for us. I haven't blogged about our experience with fostering/adopting because I just wasn't sure how long the whole process would take. And we have been waiting a few months since we've been licensed. But like they told us it would happen quickly when it happens. So Thursday afternoon we got a call that a newborn needed a home and Friday morning I went to get him from the hospital. We are extremely excited and at the same time scared to death. Because of security reasons we can't share pictures of him or his real name but I have to tell you he is a quite a cutie...and so far pretty easy going. The boys love him already and Ethan loves to hold him. So I will blog later about our story a little more when I have time. Right now I am going through the "I forgot how tired I can get with a newborn" reality/fog.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is a cutie. Congratulations and go take a nap when you can. Love, Mom H

Anonymous said...

wow that's amazing! Can't wait to hear more about it all.

love MichelleW

RT said...

This is great news, Erin! I definitely want to hear more about this process... I'd like to learn from your experience. Here's wishing you a little sleep and a lot of joy with your new little guy.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Would love to talk to you about your experience. Love you--Melissa

Joc said...

Erin, on Friday night I got this strong urge to call you, but didn't have the time, so I spent a few minutes in prayer for you instead. Now I know why. So exciting!!
Love you guys, you're an inspiration!

kimberlynoele said...

Exciting news Erin! I'll look forward to hearing more!

Anonymous said...

That is such great news! I would love to know more about the process. I'm very excited for you!

Tabitha said...

Wow! congrats! I'm excited to hear more sometime! Praying for you as you again adjust to life with a little one!