Tuesday, October 30, 2007

punkin' mush

Boys and fire...they couldn't stop starring at the lit candle inside.
Ethan said he would be the photographer because he didn't care much for the slime. Where Jude loved picking out the seeds and sticking his fingers in all the gooey inside.


We waited until the night before Halloween to carve our pumpkin (the little pumpkin is our battery operated one) because from our experience last year we learned that pumpkins turn to mush over night once they're carved. So we took our pictures and enjoyed the glow...knowing that in the morning it would be full of mold and fruit flies.

1 comment:

Tami said...

I "googled" making malasadas, and I was lead to your page here. I am intrigued because I have three boys, we are also in ministry and we officially own property on the big island as of just last week. We visited in August and I left part of my heart there. What a blessing to have the opportunity to enjoy God's beautiful creation there for longer than just a "vacation". Anyhow, you sound (and look, judging by the pictures) like a family that has lots of fun living life. Thanks for the malasada "easy recipe". I plan on trying it before going on to more difficult recipes. :0)

Tami Gray
California