Thursday, November 19, 2009

our little girl

I thought I would jot down some random facts about Ansley...for the records:

- this little girl is my eat anything kid. She just gobbled down avocado and cut up pieces of kiwi in this picture. I love my husband dearly but his picky-ness with food has produced an obsession in me to make sure I do not have picky children myself. So if the books say 10 month old babies can eat it...I give it to her. Besides the basic foods (carrots, peas, applesauce, etc.), this includes zucchini, spinach, watermelon, beans, legumes and cottage cheese. Amazingly she eats it all and honestly it kind of shocks me.

- she is very noisy lately, not so much baby talk but just "singing" as we like to call it. Every-once-in-a-while she will say a "ba-ba" and "ma-ma" and I swear it sounds like she says "hiiiii" when someone comes in the door. She likes to give us "high fives" and points to the light when we say light.

heads-up: This video might be a bit boring if you are not a grandma or auntie of Ansley because it is a bit long.

- this poor child has been given the nickname "chunka-munka" because her adorable, squeezable baby chub. Jude loves to say to her in his sweet baby talk voice that he uses when he talks to her, "hey, chunka-munka grilll"...that is not a typo, he says grill instead of girl.

- this little girl loves to flash her big toothy smile at anyone that will look her way and then quickly hide her face. She has turned into this little giggly, smiley kid and we have gotten a lot of comments lately on how happy she is. For a while we weren't so sure about her moody disposition (many times we called her high maintenance) but are glad to see this side of her coming out.

- I guess growing up at the beach tends to make kids fearless when it comes to water, so we have another developing little fish that doesn't seem to mind water even when a wave comes and knocks her over...don't worry we are supervising her.

- lately Ansley has gotten frustrated when she is trying to move something that just won't budge or if the boys are bugging her. She lets out this frustrated growl/scream. Very funny to watch such a little thing with such determination. Tonight I was watching her flip through one of her board books with little flip up pictures and she was trying to flip one of the pictures...the wrong way. So since it wasn't flipping up, she let out her growl and the next thing I knew she ripped it off. Guess I'll be taping that back on.

- she is at the point now where she is trying to take some steps but it usually ends up being about 2 and then she just falls forward...sometimes when we're there and sometimes when no one is around and she falls straight on her belly. She is one tough kid though and can take the tumbles without missing a beat. She usually just smiles at us and moves on. I have a feeling this busy little girl is not going to be one of those pretty-pretty princess type girls.

- Ansley has this little habit of pinching. Usually when I am holding her, she finds the skin on the back of my arm or the skin on my neck and pinches it with her little nails...not maliciously but more as a comfort thing (maybe?). Because of it, she gets her nails trimmed quite often.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All your kids are great eaters!! They eat stuff even I wouldn't:) At least your kids didn't live off of NutriGrain bars for a year! LOL

Tara

Anonymous said...

You do real well with your ba,ba,ba's Erin. Mom