Monday, November 30, 2009

the cure

So I know you all were on the edge of your seats waiting to hear how we cured the worlds worst diaper rash. When my boys were in diapers they never had anything that a little Desitin didn't cure. But Ansley...let me just say I have never seen a diaper rash like this. This rash was so awful and nothing was working to heal it, that I was so close to taking her to the doctor for it. It was really heart breaking, so I feel compelled to let the world know what we found that worked. We had many suggestions from friends on what to use and we tried it all.

Anything from homemade Grandaddy's butt paste, to baking soda baths, to over the counter diaper rash creams. And the winner is.....Bag Balm!

It is actually made for cow udders....yes I said cow udders, to prevent chafing. I was very skeptical but I was desperate...and I found out that Walgreens carries it. So at 10:30 at night I drove out to purchase a can of it. And within a day there was significant change and our little happy girl was back.

5 comments:

Momathon said...

We are big fans at this house. I grew up with it in Wyoming. We always keep a can in the house now, too.

joc said...

I love that you posted this. Love it!

joc said...

I love that you posted this. Love it!

Julie said...

I will be getting some pronto. Micah gets bad rashes that even bleed. On the last one, we used Pepto Bismol. It worked pretty well.

Lindsey said...

This is a much better solution that what we had to use with E: a layering of Desitin and Kaopectate, dried with blow dryer (yes, every single diaper change) and then topped with A&D ointment. It was terrible. I'm glad Ansley's cleared up so quickly! Next time, Bag Balm will be my first response!