Monday, February 02, 2009

we miss you


We miss you Mimi, oh yes we do.

We miss you Mimi, all of us do.

When you're not with us, we're blue.

Oh Mimi, we love you!

(Any Bye Bye Birdie fans out there?)


There is no doubt when you have your own children that it makes you REALLY appreciate your mom and all the sacrifices she made. This is when living in Hawaii is so hard because family is so far away. But it also forces me to see that my strength and comfort comes from Christ alone and that he will help us through sleepless nights and fussy times with babies (yes, I have to preach that to myself daily...well maybe more like hourly...I tend to be a panicky mom with newbie babies). But I am truly grateful and blessed to have great encouragement and support from my mom too.

If my face looks puffy...it's because it was. Having sinus issues and then crying because your mom is leaving tends to make your face puffy. And yes that is our baby GIRL dressed in blue. Like I said it's a bit cold here in Hawaii (low 70's) and we didn't plan for cool weather with the girl clothes. So Ansley gets to wear some of the boys old clothes. I guess I could glue a pink bow to her head or something.

4 comments:

Malia said...

sweet pictures. I have been praying for you today.

Joc said...

So sorry you're feeling alone! I'll be praying for you...But Ansley looks cute in blue too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks honey. It is mutual missing going on here. It is so bad, tell Ethan, Mimi is going out and buying Sequence for kids. And yes, Christ is our anchor in life, but His body is that which shows Him to us in a very tangible way. Your friends and church family are blessings. I am so thankful for cell phones, email, and blogs. Love ya, Mom H
PS will talk about the TV show we like on Monday nights. Ha, Ha, ha

Jonesey said...

Aww, know that feeling, I do. And I don't even live an ocean away! Josie has donned a few blue sleepers in her day. It is a little weird to me because then she just looks like one of the guys. You know because boys and girls look alike when they are newbies.