Thursday, February 26, 2009

happy birthday

(sign courtesy of Ethan)

So I realize that I don't post much about my husband or what he's up to, his job, etc. Not because we're not interested, don't care or that nothing is going on. But mainly because my kids are who I am around the most and they are who I think to blog about or that I take pictures of. A one-sided view of our family I know. So today I am dedicating this post to my wonderful husband on his birthday. Happy Birthday honey! We love you!

It's easy to forget in this busy time in our lives (i.e. small children), the things that make Jason a great father, husband, teacher and friend. But I feel so blessed when I think about the man God made him to be and is making him to be.
  • He is a man of great teachability.
  • He is a learner.
  • He loves his children and makes sure that he is taking seriously the great responsibility of raising his boys to be godly men, to be involved in their lives. And I know as Ansley grows more and more he will be just as great of a daddy to his little girl.
  • He supports & encourages me as a mother and constantly tells me how thankful he is that I am their mother.
  • He knows I need times away from the house and he gladly takes the kids so I can do that.
  • He helps out with house chores without me asking...most of the time.
  • He seeks to grow in knowledge and understanding of our great God.
  • He desires to serve the church and be accountable to other godly men who seek to grow in the Word and be taught.
  • He works hard in his job and truly cares for the students he teaches and disciplines. Even though this job has been his most draining and challenging, the fruits of his work are evident to all. These are letters that some of his students wrote him when they were asked to write a letter to someone they admire. They all start out with "Dear Pastor Jason":
"When you do your job, you are always committed into bringing the best out of us. You greet us every day as soon as we get out of our cars. In the classroom, you devote your whole mind into cleverly put together life-lessons that we will remember forever. Thank you for doing three teaching jobs and being our principal too. And on behalf of all the students, I thank you for influencing our lives so much and changing us for the better."

Another student writes:

"As an exceptional teacher your expectations are extremely high which makes us work hard for our grades. Instead of just teaching us, you work with us and take the time to make us better men and women. Having the passion for education you have thoughtfully chosen our curriculum that challenges us to the max. As our teacher you have taught us great things not only to be a good student but to be men and women that God wants us to be."

I am thankful that my children will grow up learning from his example. I am thankful that even through times of frustration, trials, crazy emotions (on my part) or times we feel distant with each other, that God uses our relationship to sanctify us and draw us closer to Him. And I am thankful to be able to celebrate another birthday with him. Here's to many more!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jason! Is chocolate cake on the P90X diet? HA!

Tara

ERH said...

Happy Birthday Jason!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Jason. I thank God for you as I have seen you be a wonderful husband and father to your family, and give of yourself to so many as you serve our Lord.
Blessings, Mom H