Tuesday, September 16, 2008

update

Well this blog post doesn't have any pictures but I thought I would give a quick update (random thoughts/facts too) on the Wood family:

  • Our baby girl weighs about 1.5 lbs and is about 13 inches long (according to estimates). I definitely feel her moving around...she is quite the acrobat now. My pregnancy continues to go well and all is healthy and growing...other than the sore hips, weird muscle pains, etc.
  • Jason has hit the realization of how time consuming it is to be a headmaster/teacher/student in seminary. He's fighting a cold right now but continues to really enjoy his job...especially the teaching part of it. Seminary has been a challenge lately as he is taking his Greek course. But somehow he gets it all done and still manages to get sleep and spend time with the fam.
  • We are now re-licensed as of yesterday to continue with fostering. I don't know how much we will actually be able to foster in the coming year (with new baby and all) but it's easier to get re-licensed now instead of having to go through the whole process again in a year or two. Ethan keeps asking when the children are coming over to live with us. It's so interesting to see what questions come out of a 5 year old when they're learning about the reality of life and how every child doesn't have parents that can or do take care of them.
  • I'm feeling a bit homesick with Fall coming...it happens to be my favorite season. It doesn't help that stores have all of their red/orange/yellow decorations, linens, etc. It of course is still hot here...stinkin' hot actually and not Fall-like at all.
  • I'm already sick of all the political bashing, celebrity stupidity on politics and the liberal media....November 4th can't come soon enough. I just can't even watch another news program or read another Internet article. So I am sticking to watching forums and town hall meetings only. I know who I'm voting for (that's an easy choice) and that's all that matters.
  • I found a great baby sling wrap for our baby girl. Moby slings...check it out. Can't wait to use mine in a few months.
  • Ethan continues to love learning. This homeschooling thing has really been fun (although some days I wish I could nap instead of teach...but you can't always have what you want all the time). I'm learning more and more about the benefits (for boys especially) on this way of schooling and learning at this stage, that it makes it all worth the stress and chaos it can bring. We'll take each year and see if we'll continue with homeschooling, but I am thankful that this year we are able to homeschool...and that I got to experience, with Ethan, the firsts of learning that Kindergarten brings.
  • I picked up crocheting again. I made a little baby beany hat for the hospital and might try a few other things. It's nice to sit down in the evenings and relax with my yarn and crochet hook....anything where I can sit and put my feet up is relaxing, actually.
  • Ethan is in the other room right now belting out our bug song from Science..."head, thorax, abdomen, abdomen; head, thorax, abdomen, abdomen; eyes, antennas, mouth and palps; head, thorax, abdomen, abdomen" (to the tune of head, shoulders, knees & toes, knees & toes) and Jude is shhhing him....which of course causes Ethan to sing louder. Ah, brotherly love.

Okay I don't need to bore you anymore. Congratulations for reading through my ramblings to the end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved your ramblings! I was homesick for you too today. I was at Dream Dinners and thought,"This would so much fun with Erin." (Sigh.)

Tara

Joc said...

I love that snapshot of your life with Ethan singing and Jude shushing him. And I agree with Tara, your ramblings are great!