Tuesday, September 23, 2008

happy birthday to me


This is the only picture I have to document my 32nd birthday. Not flattering but kind of funny. This was the cake Jason made me...he asked what kind of cake I wanted and I told him German Chocolate cake. Later I found out that he doesn't like coconut and won't eat any of it. So the boys and I enjoyed our cake and ate it too.

Jason and the boys got some great gifts for me. Jason got a Kitchenaid ice cream maker that I had been wanting and Ethan and Jude gave me a jewelry box that they painted themselves. Ethan was so excited for me to open his gift. And the first thing I saw this morning when I woke up was a beautiful bouquet of flowers that Jason left for me to find in the morning.

It's funny how birthdays just come and go when you get older...life just keeps going. Although I am thankful that I didn't have to cook or do dishes tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Happy Birthday! I love the picture, and how sweet of Jason to make you a cake he wouldn't eat.

ERH said...

I meant to e-mail you yesterday and tell you happy birthday. hope you enjoyed your day with your boys. I agree that birthdays are so different as a mom and adult. Sweet but definitely different! :) Hope you enjoyed the cake!

Anonymous said...

The only thing missing is a picture of your belly:)

Tara