Tuesday, September 30, 2008

fall is here...

...or at least until the sun comes out and it stops raining. We woke up to a chilly 78 degrees this morning in our house...mainly because it was raining. I love cool weather. So Ethan was asking for socks because his feet were so cold. And then after that didn't help he put on another pair. And what is the best way to warm up on such a chilly morning?...a hot beverage. I never drink hot beverages here unless I am in a Starbucks because they crank the A/C up so high that it makes you want to drink hot beverages. So the boys had their hot chocolate and marshmellows (Ethan's favorite since he had it at Mimi's house this past February after coming in from the snow) and I had my cup of green tea with milk (a weird pregnancy craving...I never used to put milk in my hot tea before).


Now I'm off to do some laundry and this cold weather is making me want to work on some sewing projects. I love cold weather!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Isn't it funny how 78 degrees can feel cold? I'm wearing long pants and a long-sleeved shirt, and I'm still cold! It is a really nice change, though.

Krista said...

Erin, I remember my short Hawaii stint. It's amazing how you really can feel cold and it's still in the seventies! You really do acclimate!

Joc said...

It's cold over here too! High of 71 today...but then it's getting down to 45 (!) tomorrow night. Bring out the jackets, baby!

Now if only I had a fluffy kitty to snuggle with... sniff sniff.