Tuesday, September 09, 2008

new feathered friend(s)

These beautiful birds are called Java Sparrows. They heard the news of some great bird seed and decided to drop in today to check it out. So now our feeder is a bit more populated. I love watching the birds (I think that comes from my mom).



The birds were a bit timid before they started chowing down at the feeder...checking out the surroundings before they swooped in. Their coloring is so interesting to me. But I think their experience was good and they will be back.

Sorry that my blog has turned a bit nature-y (is that a word?). It's what we're up to lately with school. Coming soon are pictures of our plants...yes, I like to torture myself and think that I have this amazing green thumb...and once again kill off some perfectly good plants. But this time I think will be different. I am actually remembering to water them. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun to watch birds at the feeder and so many other ways to enjoy God's creation. Water does help plants--even those in Hawaii ;> Mom H

Lori Waggoner said...

Oooh...those guys are beautiful!