Sunday, June 01, 2008

long time no write

I guess between the morning sickness and the low energy, my blog has been a little non-active. When it came to sitting down to post something or laying on the couch...the couch always won. So a little update from the past week...



  • some sea glass hunting with my friend Milda. My first time and kind of addicting...the blue is the most rare, so quite a rush when you find one. The brown is pretty common but it goes with my decor. And the frosted glass or writing on the glass is even a better find.

  • a little kayaking. When friends move they sometimes give us things they aren't going to take with them (surfboards, TV, furniture, etc.). So we are now the new owners of two kayaks. This canal is right behind our neighbors house, so Jason took Ethan out for the first time. Ethan loved it but before I could snap their picture, they were already out of the water...so I still made them pose for a picture, for memories sake.

  • some fun beach time. As a family and also for our last MOPS group.
  • water park day with the youth group. I've determined Ethan and Jude are part fish. They LOVED it and would go down the slides by themselves...well the little kiddie slides.
  • visiting with old friends...well they're not old but Jason's youth pastor (and family) from high school (so old in the sense that he's known them for quite a while) were visiting Hawaii and we got to visit with them some this afternoon. Good to see you Urbans. Come back again.
  • I've sewn three bears and two bags.
  • Jason's last youth group tonight which we ended with a big finish...The Amazing Race. If you've seen the TV show we modeled it after that...my favorite show by the way. I keep trying to talk Jason into entering it. So tomorrow his title will change from Director of Family Life to Headmaster of the upper division school. It's sad to not be leading the youth group anymore but also exciting to see the plans God has for Jason and the expansion of the school. It will be a busy summer for us.

Alright, I'm off to the couch...

2 comments:

Joc said...

Thanks for the updates! So exciting for Jason and your family...and I'm glad you've had some fun times lately amidst the sickness.

Michelle Thomas Wiegers said...

Its great to hear how you guys are doing. I can TOTALLY relate to the couch calling your name. I've completely and utterly ignored my blog the last two months of sickness and fatigue. Maybe someday I'll get back to it. It still sounds like you're able to do a lot with being tired! You go girl.