Friday, June 27, 2008

friend from the past


My roommate from college, Kim, was visiting Hawaii with her family. So yesterday they all came over to visit us on our side of the island. We hung out at the beach a good part of the day....kayaking, splashing around in the water, laying on the beach and talking while watching my two little fish having a good time in the waves. It was so fun to catch up. I love being able to pick up where we left off even though it's been over a year since we've seen each other. I just wish we would have put more sunscreen on...Ethan and I are pretty red today. Not only does it hurt to walk around (my legs are a nice shade of red) but I feel horrible that Ethan has red stripes all over his face (even though I reapplied his sunscreen...obviously not very well). It has been a while since we've hung out at the beach for that long. So I obviously didn't prepare very well for sun protection. Jude on the other hand has Jason's browning ability and walked away with a nice golden color. I think we're staying in today or away from any sunlight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope the burns are better. Mom H