Monday, March 24, 2008

God provides

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." Phillipians 4:11-12

I was thinking of this verse today (as I sit here with half of my face numb and sagging) because as of right now my "crown project" is complete. And not because I was able to make up the money for it through my little sewing "business", but because God had a different plan for how he was going to provide the money for us. Our church blessed us with a pastor appreciation gift and we are amazed at everyone's generosity. Not only did I get my tooth fixed (which I know I will appreciate more when my face has feeling again) but Jason was able to get new glasses (which after super glueing it 3 times...it was needed) and I was able to order Ethan's curriculum for next year. Jason and I are in awe of God's goodness to us and are reminded when the discontentment of our wants sets in, that God has provided everything we need...maybe not all of our wants but definitely every last one of our needs. I feel foolish that I even worry about whether or not God will provide....especially because we have so much wealth compared to most of the world. But God is still gracious and knows the perfect timing to allow his glory to be seen. Glory be to God!

2 comments:

Joc said...

That's so awesome Erin- to be a living testimony of God's provision. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful reminder that God provides for all of His children. I have been blessed too. Mom H