Saturday, March 15, 2008

I love cold winter weather

A lot of people warned me how cold we would be when we visited the mainland in the middle of winter. They told me that I would be miserable and would hate cold weather. Well it was just the opposite. I love cold weather! I love drinking hot beverages because you want to warm up...not sweat more. I love wearing sweaters and socks and shoes. I love not having to shave my legs...yes a razor did not touch my legs the whole 3 weeks we were there. I love that I didn't sweat once while we were there. I love that we played more games together and had more family time because we had no choice but to be inside. I love that my skin dried out and peeled off...I have the softest skin now and didn't have to pay all the big bucks to go to a spa to have it done...not that I would go to a spa.

But then again...having a day like this in the middle of winter...with fresh air and sunshine...maybe I'm okay with not having cold weather.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being on the beach looks good to me. You had your cake and ate it too--cold and hot weather. Perfect combination. I am looking forward to spring--I see signs everywhere. Mom H

Krista said...

Erin, I know the feeling! Granted, I only lived on the Big Island for a semester, but I was tired of sweating and being hot and shaving all the time! I missed sweaters and pants and that feeling of warming up when you come inside.

...but now I miss the beach and warm days all the time. Eh, such is life, right? You always miss what's unavailable.