Saturday, March 22, 2008

dyeing Easter eggs

Ethan actually remembered doing this last year with his friends Lily and Sarah and asked if we were going to do it again this year. And since Jude is old enough to participate this year I thought this would be a fun family event. I discovered that you can actually just use regular food coloring (instead of the store bought pellets) and then I cut up a paper towel tube to store the eggs while they dried. On one of the morning shows yesterday they talked about ways to decorate eggs without spending a bunch of money (right up my alley). So they suggested using rubber bands around the eggs while you dye them and then once they're dry it produces great little stripes on the egg. Lots of fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't look at your blog before we colored our eggs. The rubber band idea is a good one. Mom H

Joc said...

I saw the same idea this year and did a couple of mine with rubber bands too. It was so easy and rewarding... I love easter eggs!