Monday, January 28, 2008

random thoughts

Monday seems to bring out random thoughts. Partly because Monday is my least favorite day of the week and I have a hard time getting started...which leads to my wasting time and having random thoughts. So besides my hair turning gray, here is another tidbit.

People say that it takes about a year in Hawaii before you adjust to the heat and find it bearable to live without air conditioning. Well I didn't believe them when they said it because I seem to be the only one that sweats here and is hot...and we're going on 2 1/2 years here. So lately it has gotten rather chilly especially at night and I made a comment to someone that it seems to be colder this year than last year. They laughed and said it looks like my body has adjusted to Hawaii weather. I wanted to prove them wrong so I set up an indoor thermometer we have in our bedroom so I could show that it really is cold here lately. I knew it would at least get down to the 60's at night if not the 50's. Well sad to say it read only 73. I am officially a wimp.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's too funny! You are a wimp:) We hit 60 degrees here the last 2 days, but it's going to plunge again tomorow and be windy:( At least your weather is pretty consistent.
Tara

RT said...

That's hilarious! It is kind of amazing how your body adjusts to temperature. It feels like a warm day in Lincoln when it hits 45+ right now! Right now it's 12 but feels like -2 degrees with the wind chill. : /