Wednesday, January 30, 2008

proverbs wisdom


We are studying the book of Proverbs in our Bible Study and I read this verse:

"A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control." Proverbs 29:11

The Holy Spirit can definitely speak to us through Scripture. That one seemed to be written for me at that moment.

Yesterday A, B and C needed to get done and one child was whining while they other was pulling on my sleeve trying to ask me something. Instead of asking for wisdom and keeping my emotions under control, I had a psycho mom moment and raised my voice with Ethan. I had to ask for forgiveness from Ethan. Thankfully he forgave me and thankfully I have a God that gives wisdom and knowledge (all we have to do is ask and seek) and a Savior that as Ethan says "takes my dirty heart and makes it clean."

No comments: