Thursday, January 17, 2008

I'm back...

...on a temporary computer. Our computer is still out but I am glad that we have this laptop to use for now. So here's a quick review of what's been going on in the Wood Family:


Youth Group Winter Camp over the holidays. We were up in the mountains of Hawaii and boy were we cold. We had to search for our "winter" clothes before we left. We stayed in this great old house and had a blast with the youth group kids. I was glad that Ethan, Jude and I got to make it this year. Great memories...ropes course, playing games, eating smores around the campfire, playing truth or dare with the girls until 1:30am, great quiet times and silly string wars.


Our New Year's Eve fondue dinner....cheese, bread and chocolate, oh my!


Waiting outside of the Pearl Harbor Memorial in the trees. We were there with our friends the Perrins and the Burlews who were seeing a few sights before they left to go back home that evening. They came in town from Pennsylvania to train the teachers at the Elementary School on Christian Classical Education. I know many teachers were encouraged, challenged and inspired. It's a very exciting time for our school.


Hanging out with our buddy Josh in the backyard. Ethan was sad when Josh's school started back up.

We've seen quite a few rainbows lately with all the rain we've had. I love winter weather in Hawaii...it's cold enough to wear jeans but not cold enough to wear socks.

A couple of yummy recipes coming soon...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm so glad. I was having withdrawal and was tired of looking at the sweet rolls (even though they looked really good). Tyler's card arrived today, his actual birthday. What timing! He loved it. Thanks.
Tara

Joc said...

I've really missed 'hearing' about your life, Erin! So glad you posted.

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

hey! Glad to see y'all are doing well! Nice to stumble over your blog today!