Saturday, January 26, 2008

pull out your bread machines

Sorry to put this picture back up again. I know some of you were tired of looking at it during my computer crash/lull in my blog. But I can't have a recipe without a picture.
I had to pull out my bread machine and dust it off for this one. But I love it because the machine does all the work and I just had to roll it out. Here is our new Christmas day breakfast tradition recipe (thanks to my friend Janelle):

Clone of a Cinnabon

1 cup warm milk
2 eggs
1/3 cup butter, melted
4 1/2 cups bread flour
1 t. salt
1/2 cup white sugar
2 1/2 t. yeast
*ingredients to spread on dough once the machine is done with it:

1 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 T cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, softened

Place the first set of ingredients in your bread machine in order recommended by manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press START. When cycle is done turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes. In small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle. Spread dough with 1/3 cup butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat over to 400 degrees. Bake rolls about 15 minutes or until golden brown.

And the icing that makes these rolls a clone:

1/2 package of cream cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 T milk

Add icing to warm rolls and enjoy. And no these aren't low-fat, healthy or probably good for your arteries cinnamon rolls, but these are our once a year treat....it's all about moderation.

1 comment:

Joc said...

yummy. I wish I had a bread maker!