Sunday, September 23, 2007

happy birthday to me


Ethan and I deep in thought....
Today I turned 31. For some reason that seems so much older than 30. I always thought I would feel older once I got into my 30's...but I still feel like I just graduated from college.

Anyway, it was a great day even though it happened to fall on our busiest day of the week...Sunday.

Jason still made it special, amidst the busyness, by making me lunch and getting a very yummy Boston cream cake (my request) for dessert before he had to rush back to church to lead youth group. Ethan was very excited for me to open the present he picked out for me...wooden spoons. I love that he gets so excited for birthdays. And poor Jude missed the festivities because it ran into nap time...and he definitely needed a nap today.

Well my birthday wasn't as big of an ordeal this year as last year (I miss having my birthday buddy, Malia) but it was still a great day with my hubby and kiddo's. So the day isn't over yet...I think I will go and have another piece of cake...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice birthday crown! Happy Birthday! (Will you see Cal & Susan while they are in Hawaii? or are you on a different island?)

Krista said...

Happy birthday, Erin!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Erin. It is really fun to have kids around to help celebrate special occasions, especially birthdays. More goodies coming in the mail. We love you. Mom and Dad H

ERH said...

Happy Birthday, Erin! Hope you had a great day with your sweet family!
Love, Elizabeth

livinginthemidwest said...

Alli - I didn't know Cal and Susan would be here. Do you know what island they are vacationing on? Or do you have their number?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Don't worry about getting older, because you can take comfort in the fact that I'll always be 3 years older then you:)
Tara

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Erin!! Sounds like you had a good day.
MichelleW