Saturday, September 15, 2007

morning routine



Every morning we have a routine for getting ready for the day. It's always get up, eat breakfast, get the boys dressed and put a video in for Ethan to watch and give Jude raisins to eat...so I can get my shower. Both are a great distraction for each of my boys. It keeps them occupied...and Ethan apparently looks forward to it because he asks me every morning "mommy can you go take your shower so I can watch a video?" For some reason raisins, for Jude, solve every problem he has...if he's sad that I'm leaving, we distract him with raisins...if we have a longer car ride home before naps, we give him raisins...if I need about 15 minutes to get my shower and get ready, we give him raisins. It is like candy to him. Maybe we can use it later for a reward for potty training...we'll see.

Anyway, I came out one morning, after getting ready for the day, to find Ethan and Jude snuggled up enjoying the video together...with Jude's raisins in hand. I thought it was pretty cute that I had to grab the camera to capture the cuteness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Priceless! Mom H