Wednesday, September 27, 2006

hale koa - part 1

Well my mom said that when you turn 30 you get to extend your birthday celebrations for a few days. And when you turn 40 you get to extend the celebrating for a whole week...a great idea by the way. So I took my mothers advice and my friend Malia and I, who are exactly 1 day apart, thought it would be great to keep celebrating a few days after our birthdays. Our plans were to have a night away to lounge around at the pool, go out to dinner, watch a movie, paint our toe nails and sleep in the next morning. Our husbands were a little confused at why they weren't invited...but our kids needed someone to look after them. :o) So they were great in watching the kids so we could have a much needed 22 hours (we weren't counting or anything) away to feel rejuvenated.


We got to the hotel in style in a gray Ford truck. I realized later how I should have been the one climbing into the truck to get the suitcase since Malia is the one that is newly pregnant. I think we were just too giddy about getting to the hotel that we even forgot where we parked the next day. Yes it looks like we were staying for a week instead of almost a day...but a girl needs so many things when we're away from home.

We then went out to eat and had a great dinner and great conversation with no interruptions. We even had time to do our hair and put on a little make-up.

I told Malia that my birthdays just won't be as exciting once they move next year (we had a surprise slumber party last year with the ladies in our church). So maybe we'll just have to keep up the tradition and meet up in the middle somewhere.

2 comments:

Momathon said...

Thrilled you girls got to have some time away. It is good to "fill up the pot" that gives out of itself so often. :-)

We're so very glad that God has brought you here and we are ever so grateful that you are willing to grow and learn in this very challenging place to live.

We love you all very much!

Anonymous said...

Erin...so glad to see you and Malia having fun for y'all's birthdays! I'm Malia's sister-in-law, and I live in Mississippi.

Let me say...although I know you're sad to see her move next year...we're SO ECSTATIC to have her, Beau and the girls (and maybe a boy??) move closer! :)

Thanks for the post and for sharing the adventure.