Tuesday, January 11, 2011

decorating

A friend of mine asked me the other day what my decorating style was or what colors I liked to decorate with and I had to think a while about it. I then realized that my decorating style is what is free (either I found or was given to us), what is on clearance, what colors our rental is or what is the cheapest price. And then I just make it work. I never thought about having something in mind and then going and finding it and buying it.

I have some pictures from a few months ago that are before and after pictures...you know how much I love those. So I will dedicate the next couple of posts to some decorating pics. These chairs were some freebies I found on Craigslist and transformed into something that worked with what we had. We needed some extra seating so these worked perfectly.

BEFORE:

AFTER (changed the fabric on the seats):
Then painted the engraved star shape to add a little more color.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks really nice creative daughter. Didn't realize what talented and creative daughters I have.

ERH said...

very cute! You're so creative!