Monday, January 17, 2011

decorating post #2

These before and after pictures aren't as great as I thought they would be because I didn't take as many "before" pictures like I thought I did and I was too lazy to clean up the house before I took the "after" pictures. But here they are. Our landlords allowed us to paint the inside of our house, which we have never been able to do since we've lived here...we had to live with stark white walls. They were actually so excited that we offered, they agreed to pay for all the supplies and paint. Little did we know why. When you paint raw wood you need at least 2-3 coats of primer and then another 2 coats of regular paint before it looks good. And with single walled homes here in Hawaii there are lots of corners, grooves and trim that it takes FOREVER to paint a single room. So needless to say we still have quite a few touch-ups and all our motivation to paint has come to a halt. We have the boys room left but it looks like that will have to be put off for a while...being pregnant and all. So here we go:



BEFORE (except the primer on the wall in the back):
AFTER:




BEFORE:

AFTER:

front entry way...before was raw wood with scrapes and writing on it, nail holes everywhere, and then AFTER:

4 comments:

Malia said...

Just so you know- I get so excited when you do a new post. :) I really love seeing your redecorating or crafting/sewing stuff too. It feels really strange to not "know" the home you are living in anymore-but I guess moving away will do that to me! The paint looks great and it looks like you guys have a bit more room!

Collins said...

Erin, it looks SO great! Good job - it's easy to say on this side of things, but it was worth all the work - what a difference. You have a great eye! Hope you're feeling well!

Anonymous said...

I think it looks great too. Enjoy the pictures. Inspired me to do the same when we have a project. Mom

Ryan said...

Wow, Erin, it looks great! I don't think I've seen pics of your new place. You all did a wonderful job, and it looks like the paint made a huge difference!