Sunday, January 23, 2011

catechism question #6


Jason overheard the boys playing outside yesterday with their neighbor friends. This was the conversation that he heard:

Friend #1: Let's play Ninjas.

Everybody else: Okay.

Friend #1: Jude you are god of fire, Elijah you are god of water and Ethan you are god of ice.

Ethan: I can't. There is only one true God.

Friend #1: I'm not talking about that God. Never mind, you can be the Warrior of ice.

My prayer for my kids is that memorizing truths of Scripture through the Children's Catechism will one day give them boldness to know and speak the truth....even when those around them think it's not that big of a deal. It sure does challenge me in my lack of boldness.

2 comments:

Malia said...

Must be a Kaneohe based game. :) My neighbors used to try to get my girls to play the same game. We too thought it was a great teaching tool. :)

Anonymous said...

Hide God's Word in your heart. Good job!! Mimi