Monday, April 26, 2010

state fish

Ethan has been learning Hawaii's state flag, flower, tree, fish, etc. these past couple of weeks...which means that Jude is "learning" them with us because he seems to pick up quite a few things from eaves dropping while playing in the other room. So after much practice by repeating it over and over again, Ethan and I finally memorized how to say the state fish. You're probably thinking how hard is it to remember the name of a fish, right? Well for some reason they picked the fish with a name that is 21 letters long...in English it is simply the triggerfish. I could have remembered that, but in Hawaiian it is humuhumunukunukuapua'a. So Jude is going to demonstrate the pronunciation here:

4 comments:

Joc said...

You should have heard ME trying to pronounce it. :)

Anonymous said...

He says it so matter-of-factly, like "no big deal, mom". And then goes back to his drawing...lol

Tara

RT said...

What a cool kid... and a cool environment to grow up in! I'm trying to think of all the awesome Nebraskan phrases my child will grow up with. And besides GO BIG RED, nothing's coming to me.

You guys win!

Ashley said...

I've been practicing, and I still can't say it! You must be good teacher...

Ashley