Tuesday, April 27, 2010

a little sprucing up

I made some new curtains for the kitchen after I found this really cute fabric that I bought before really knowing what I was going to use it for. After I figured out that my old faded, mildew-y kitchen curtain would be the place for it, I started brainstorming on how I would sew it. I had visions of red ric-rac, maybe some contrasting fabric, etc. But once I got to it I decided it would be easier to just keep it simple. Even so, I still think it adds some needed color to the window.


BEFORE:



AFTER:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it! How cute!! Do you ever get those urges to be creative and make something? I'm in one of those now and went and bought fabric for a dress and two shirts. I NEVER make anything for myself, it's always curtains, pillows, etc. It probably won't fit and then I'll get frustrated and swear that I will never sew again...sigh...until the urge hits again.

Tara (a creative wanna-be)

Joc said...

That is such cheery fabric! You wanna sew some for me in June? :)

val said...

Great color!who makes this fabric?