Wednesday, September 16, 2009

what we've been up to...

I guess my 3 readers weren't as impressed by The Planet Song as we were but that's okay. I still get to hear the song about a dozen times a day (per request of my boys) and even Jude is singing it to himself as well. It's kind of a catchy 80's, techno sounding melody.

Anyhow, I thought I would give a run down of what we've been up to since I have absolutely no pictures on my camera right now...a first for me. This has been quite the busy week for us but we've managed to make it to Wednesday and we're still plugging along. Thankfully this busy-ness is not the norm for us but just happened to be that way this week.
  • The boys started Awana this week. Jude is now in Cubbies (3 and 4 year olds) and I am a helper in his class. Thankfully all I have to do is hand out snacks. Ansley gets to hang out in the nursery and apparently she was trying to eat everyones Cheerios...we really do feed her, I promise.

  • I am planning a tea for the ladies in our church for this Sunday and am actually really excited about it. Just trying not to go overboard and get overwhelmed by all the planning. Scones, tea cups, tea sandwiches, linens, lemon curd, oh my!

  • Ansley has gotten herself into quite a few predicaments lately....she is the type of baby that all those baby proofing gadgets were invented for.

  • I cut my hair...again. I gave myself bangs. You would think I would have learned by now not to make major hair decisions at night when there are no salons open to fix what I have done. At least it grows back.

  • Jason and I are planning a murder mystery dinner at our house for the 9th graders at his school. It's called Lethal Luau and should be an interesting night.

  • I have been sewing a lot lately...4 bear orders, 2 bags, and a book holder project for our friends the "Caw-wins" and a t-shirt quilt for Jason (my friend Jess made one for her hubby...so I'm copying her idea).

  • We're plugging along in school with Ethan and we've seemed to find a good schedule that works around Ansley's naps. Jude has his little activity books and projects to work on, so that he feels a part of things.

  • Jason is almost done with his Greek class for seminary. Yeah! 3 more classes to go and he will be done with his Masters.

  • We're planning a planetarium visit this week to go along with our Astronomy study. We were looking at the Big Dipper in the sky the other night and we actually saw a shooting 'star'...which we had just talked about that day in science. Ethan turned to me and said with amazement, "mommy, we keep seeing things that we just learned about."

  • We've finally found a food that Ansley has turned her nose up to...green beans. I felt bad that we kept feeding her spoonfuls just so we could laugh at her funny faces.

  • We've had 3 different gatherings/dinners at our house in the past 5 days...it does wonders for keeping a clean house.

  • I had to pay my first parking ticket (ever) today. Apparently my appeal didn't cause them to feel sorry for me and dismiss it....they made me pay it anyway.

Well if you made it this far, good job. Probably a little too much information but it was fun to think back over the past week and remember what we've been up to.

3 comments:

Malia said...

Never too much information! :) I love hearing all that you are up to- it makes me feel just a little bit closer. It sounds like life is full, what a blessing. I do wish I could hear more about Ansley's predicaments and see a picture of your hair. :)

Jonesey said...

That is a long list for one week!

I'm excited to hear about your T-Shirt quilt. That is a great idea and I have thought of doing it for Jones's MANY T-shirts he has collected over the years and seem so important to him :)

Please post a picture for us when you're done.

Josie feels like she is getting to be less work in the "don't put your fingers in the electric socket" department....at 16 months :)

joc said...

Sheesh, I doubt I could even come up with half that list if I thought about what I did... work, dinner, errands, sleep. repeat.

Ansley sounds like such a fun little spirit! And I'd like to see your hair too, please. You always crack me up about cutting it yourself.

kay, this is getting long, and I could comment on a lot more...

oh, like I'm on my second t-shirt quilt for M, also copying Jess's!