Wednesday, September 23, 2009

happy birthday to me...

Has anyone ever asked you what your favorite day would look like if you got to plan it? Mine always consisted of some sort of pampering (mani/pedi or massage), having to not cook a single meal for myself (I don't mind cooking but it's nice to take a break every once in a while), not having to clean up anything or wash a single dish...nothing too outrageous, maybe a little selfish though. Well today for my birthday my husband surprised me with a day of pretty much all of that...and it's not even a big birthday year...just 33.
I woke up to breakfast already made for me because Jason decided to take the day off (which he never does) just so he could make my day special...this would be my "just got up" look. He then set up our computer so I could Skype my mom and sister while we all ate breakfast/lunch together...the tiara is from my mother...it's a family birthday thing. Jason then surprised me by getting a babysitter while I went and got a mani/pedi. Afterward Jason and I had a lunch date together...a real date...me and him! A teacher at Jason's school heard of his birthday surprise plan for me and offered to trade cars so we could go on our date in his convertible...can it get any better than that? Then I had Awanas with the boys and Jason stayed home to make my birthday dinner and cake. Can I just say I have an amazing husband? And then to top it off, I had our ladies Bible study at our house that night. We studied God's Word and had sweet fellowship.

So I got to spend my birthday with my family, kids, husband and friends. I feel loved and blessed. What a great day it was!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear how the rest of your birthday went. Sounds fun! You have a wonderful husband to do that for you! (Thanks Jason!) I loved our brunch through Skype. Loved seeing the kids too. Ethan still have his hanging tooth? :)
Happy Birthday!!

Tara

Joc said...

I just sent you an e-mail! A day late!

Hey- that cake reminds me of the cake from the Cosby Show... the one where Cliff buys like 6 of them for Claire. Remember that one?

Looks like yesterday was wonderful. So glad you have Jason to spoil you!

Anonymous said...

What a blessed day provided to you by your amazing husband. It was a wonderful time having brunch with you to start your day off. Love the convertible!! It was a very happy birthday. Love, Mom

Jonesey said...

Wow!

Happy birthday! 33 is a big year. Doubles are always big :)

Glad you had a sweet day with family and friends.

valthecraftygal said...

Wow! Great day! Sorry I missed your birthday!! Did you get your receipe cards at MOPS Birthday girl??? What a Great husband kuddos to him!!!

ERH said...

Thought of you yesterday and never e-mailed. Glad you had a great day and you were loved well by those closest to you. That's definitely what means the most. You're hair cut looks so cute! :) Happy late Birthday!

RT said...

Happy birthday, Erin! I love your haircut, by the way--very cute!

Malia said...

What fun day. What a great husband. Happy Birthday - I too missed celebrating together. Hale Koa is still one of my favorite Birthday relaxing memories. Oh and by the way.. I LOVE your hair. Very cute.