Tuesday, September 08, 2009

1st day of school

Ethan is officially a 1st grader now. I can't believe my first born is a 1st grader already. We actually did a half day yesterday (yes it was a holiday) and did another half day today (since we had MOPS in the morning). So we're easing into it. I am super excited about the curriculum and Ethan is excited to be doing school again...I'm not exaggerating either. Ethan actually woke up Monday morning and said "Mommy, today is my first day of school!!!" as he jumped out of bed. Hopefully that will rub off on Jude because his personality isn't quite so enthusiastic about everything...except maybe when he gets a new train.

This year we will be doing the basics: math, phonics, grammar, handwriting. Then we will do a bit of astronomy (which we learned comes from aster-meaning stars and onomoy-meaning knowledge of...not to be confused with astrology), learning our states and capitals, and some art.

So to kick off our year we met up with Jason at his school and had lunch with him.




4 comments:

Jonesey said...

So fun!

Happy first week of school.

Anonymous said...

What a great way to kick off the school year. Mimi

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 1st day of school, Ethan!! I like your haircut, too.

Auntie Tara

Joc said...

I'm sorry, but there's no way you can have a first grader. :)