Saturday, July 04, 2009

happy 4th


The boys enjoyed sitting in the child carrier while they watched the floats go by...even though it is a bit small for both of them.

This is one of my favorite holidays. And we have some fun traditions. The first includes the local town parade. The boys and I went this year so Jason could stay home while Ansley napped...actually he didn't want to sit out in the heat and sweat. And after 2 minutes of sitting in the sun I then understood what he meant. But we still had fun. We rode our bikes (Ethan loved the fact that he got to ride his bike there) since it's so close.

After watching the parade for about 5 minutes Jude came up to me and said "mommy I want to go home." But once they started handing out popsicles and candy he decided it was okay to stay.


The parade had the usual Hawaiian band, fire trucks, motorcyclists, political leaders in convertibles waving to the crowds and my favorite, the bag-pipes that bring up the end.
We then headed to our friends house for supper and I brought our red, white and blue cupcakes for dessert. As I put Ansley to bed the boys and Jason shot off a couple of fountain fireworks and some sparklers before they headed to the beach to watch the local fireworks show. I snapped a couple of pictures from our lanai but they had the best seat - down by the beach.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jude's face tells it all. Fun times. Mom H

Anonymous said...

Hey, is that the neckerchief from the Texas bar-b-que that Ethan has on? Mom H