Saturday, March 28, 2009

the wedding day


My little sister is getting married today. Actually she will be walking down the isle just a few minutes from when I am writing this. Because I've been long distance from her for so long I forget that she is all grown up now and not just 16 and learning to drive. I am sad to not be there to celebrate and witness this new beginning with her and her (now) husband but can't wait to see the pictures and hear all the stories. What a monumental day! Honestly, I never thought I would miss such an important day for one of my siblings...I would do whatever it took to be there, but having 3 kids 5 and under and living a 12 hour plane ride away made me think otherwise.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." I Corinthians 13:4-7

Jenny, may your marriage be centered on Christ so that his glory would be seen through you two. May you seek after Him during the happy, sad and trying times. May you love each other with the love that Christ gives you and forgive because He first forgave us. May you see that this isn't the end-all of life but that it will be a glimpse of the greatness of God on this side of heaven...Christ being our bridegroom, His unconditional love and selfless sacrifice, His forgiveness, joy that can only come when following and trusting in our great and awesome Savior. What an amazing day to give God the glory and trust in his plan for your future together as Mr. and Mrs.

I love you sis!

2 comments:

Joc said...

Beautiful thoughts, Erin! And Congrats Jenny!

Anonymous said...

Timeless words beautifully written. That is why I have tears in my eyes. We missed you too.
Mom H