Monday, March 09, 2009

sunburn


Ethan is probably the only kid in Hawaii who gets a sunburn on a cloudy, rainy day. We were at a friends birthday party and for entertainment they rented one of those blow-up water slides. Since it was raining, I assumed that there would be no water play and all the kids would be indoors...15 kids ages 7 and under inside a small Hawaiian home...not a party I was looking forward to. But sure enough they still had the water slide set up and the kids were having a blast even in the rain. When we got home we put the boys in the bath tub to wash them off and we noticed Ethan had a sunburn. I didn't even think of putting sunscreen on him since it was raining. Poor kid, I think he's got my easily burned, freckle-y skin...not a good combo when you live in sunny Hawaii.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OUCH!! Mom H