Top 5 reasons why you should not take your Christmas pictures on the beach with small children, using a tripod and timer on your camera:
- The time spent straightening, combing, brushing and fixing your "hair-do's" doesn't matter as soon as you step out onto the beach because the wind turns it into a "do" that looks like you didn't put any effort into it.
- Children under the age of 5 can not hold a smile for 10 seconds waiting for the timer to go off...and it usually looks more like they're in pain or really mad.
- You will more than likely see someone you know...and it will happen to be when you are posing during the 10 seconds of your timer...so a few of your pictures will be snapshots of you waving hi or turning your head to chat.
- Telling a child 5 and under to not play in the sand while sitting in it is...well is pretty much impossible. So expect your children that are 5 and under to be covered in sand by the end of the picture taking.
- Because of the noise of the waves you cannot hear the camera making the clicking noise when it takes the picture, so you sit there...probably a little too long...wondering if you can stop smiling and get up.
And this is what happens...try, try and try again.