Wednesday, February 22, 2012

catch-up...again

Not sure why this blog thing is so hard to keep up with these days. But finding "free" time these days gets harder and harder to find. So here I go again on a little catch up. We have been doing a lot of our Hawaii "bucket list" things these days and then just some fun homeschooling things too. So here we go.

 The kids and I went to Chinaman's Hat beach to find a little coral. The tide was so far out that we could walk out to this sea wall...my little explorer loved this. They say that on low tide days like this you can actually walk out to the island.
 We found shells and great coral (for a project I had in mind) and purple snails that dyed our fingers.

 And just to document that Lainey and I were there also, we got a shadow picture...which made Lainey look like a giant baby.
 And the beautiful Ko'olau mountains on the other side of the road.
 Then we did our traditional Valentine's day cookies. The kiddo's loved "painting" the cookies and then we enjoyed handing them out to our neighbor friends. I forgot to take a picture of the finished product but you can check back at previous years to get the idea.

No comments: