Wednesday, February 22, 2012

shrimp trucks

Sunday we took an amazing drive up the North Shore of Oahu with my bestest friend and her bestest friend who was visiting from the mainland. Great times. Good conversation. Shopping. Yum-o food. Amazing scenery. If you want to take a road trip on our island, this is about as close as you can get.
 I brought my older munckins and she brought her youngest munkin. They all did great considering how many stops we made. Our first one being a place we'll call the "keyhole"...only because I can't remember the real name for it. All I can say is beautiful and the power of those waves left me a little nervous and a lot in awe.


Then we stopped at the shrimp trucks...yes I did just say shrimp trucks. They actually farm these humongous shrimp and prawns in these little ponds and then steam them or toss them in tons of butter and garlic...either way delicious. I stole these pictures off the internets only because I didn't take any pictures, but these look just like what we experienced.
 The boys loved pealing the shrimp...legs, head and all.
And then we ended up in Hale'iwa town for a little shopping and dinner. Great memories!

No comments: