Monday, February 14, 2011

valentine's day


Sorry this is a lame-o post with no pictures of the kiddo's or my hubby but we did manage to take pictures of all the heart cookies we made for friends and family. Then we got to go deliver them. Ethan told me this afternoon that this was the best day ever...I agree. It's fun to have a day where you can tell people that you love them and appreciate them. Something I don't do enough of.

I should have taken pictures of the cards that the boys made for me too...it would melt anyones heart. Or the flowers my hubby got me and the necklace that the boys helped pick out for me.

I wish I had grabbed a camera this morning when I went to get the kids up and they ran out of the room with so much excitement you would have thought it was Christmas. They couldn't wait to open their Valentines.

Another great photo opportunity would have been when Ansley snuck outside with some of her Valentines candy and hid under the swing set trying to open it. Sneaky little booger. Or when we couldn't figure out where Jude's candy went and after a long search found it all in Ansley's bag. She may have a sweet innocent face but she knows exactly what she's doing.

Or I wish I had pictures of Jason and my first Valentine's day as a newly dating couple. It definitely wasn't a Valentine's day to remember. I had made a card with magazine words and pictures cut out to a tell a funny love story...all decorated and creative. And couldn't wait to see what Jason had planned...which ended up being nothing. He didn't even get me a card or have any plans for where we were to eat...not realizing that every place had at least a 2 hour wait. After driving around town for quite a while we ended up at a place called Mama's Italian Villa...which sounds charming but wasn't. It actually had the worst pizza I have ever tasted (probably why there wasn't a wait). But thankfully he realized he had to redeem himself and surprised me with a Valentine Hike a few days later where he placed notes all along the trail (with cheesy lines like "your dad must be a thief and stole the stars and put them in your eyes" and some not so cheesy quotes from C.S. Lewis) Then he read me some love poetry...and then I realized this guy is a keeper.

I should find the picture of the roses Jason had sent to the school I was teaching at the year we were engaged. I've never had flowers delivered like that...I felt so special. And my students were just as happy for me as I was.

Well I really need to start using my camera more. I do have some pictures downloaded and waiting to be put into posts. Now I just have to find the time to do that. Hope everyone else felt loved and appreciated today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet and what great memories. Happy Valentine's Day to all of you. xoxoxoxoxo Mom